Welcome to the Ex-Official Blog of Writer, Presenter & Crafts Expert Momtaz Begum-Hossain which stopped being active on 31st August 2016.

For more regular updates follow Momtaz on Twitter: @TheCraftCafe Instagram: @The_CraftCafe Vine: @TheCraftCafe Periscope: @TheCraftCafe Snapchat: Momtazbh

For workshop bookings, writing commissions, presenting jobs, craft project designs, or any kind of enquiry email contact@momtazbh.co.uk

Momtaz's NEW BLOG is www.craftandtravel.com








Monday 27 January 2014

Highlights: Asiana Bridal Show & Catwalk 2014

It's that time of the year again when I get to blog about the Asiana Bridal Show (which took place yesterday). For the initiated it's an annual wedding show aimed at Asian couples and features four catwalk shows during the day featuring the glitziest, most sparkling outfits you'll possibly ever see.
I fell in LOVE with the catwalk as soon as I saw it! I have a thing about lights and the colour red but this combination designed by decor company Maz of Leicester hit the spot and set the theme for a Moulin Rouge-Bollywood-Dhoom 3- Ram Leela inspired extravaganza.
The gorgeous hair for the show was styled by Aamir Naveed who also did my mop, while the make-up was provided by Ambreen and her make-up team. They also had their own catwalk segment, pictured above. Despite the fact I am happy with my current cropped hairdo, it did give me a pang of jealously about having long hair. Still, I've not ruled out having extensions one day! 
I arrived at 8.30am when catwalk rehearsals were underway...
...as was hair and make-up. My first task was to track down, with the help of fellow lifesaver Amna, breakfast for the models. (Yes they do eat crossaints and most amazingly they even eat fried toast...and fruit and healthy stuff like boiled eggs or course!)
Then I got mic-ed up and set to work! My task was to present the official Asiana Bridal Show video, a role I also took up last year. (Was rather sweet that so many members of the public stopped me to say hi as they recognised me, bless them!)
My crew was from Kat Films and together we got through 40 interviews over 4 floors...all whilst wearing heels. OUCH!
It involved stopping by some of the major exhibition stands including make-up artist Ambreen who was demonstrating her skills on some of her previous real life brides.
Like this one. In the photo behind is the bride on her wedding day and here she was again several months later, having the chance to wear her wedding outfit and get her make-up done again!
The catwalks shows were chockablock - and inevitably the entire audience were snapping away throughout!
In true Asiana style, it wasn't just fashion on the runway but some rather chic entertainment too like a hot male fire eater...
...and even hotter models carrying a gorgeous floral canopy. I saw it afterwards back stage, it was made by Flower Escent and it smelt divine as well as looked lovely. 
They also created stunning floral umbrellas too which aren't really captured well on my camera, if I can find a better photo from someone else I'll share later.
Being with a film crew also gave me special access backstage where I was amidst the crazy world of stying, last minute touch-ups and rail upon rail of gorgeous clothes. 
Anisha Vasani, pictured next to me, the Editor of Asiana Wedding Magazine was the Creative Director of the show. She styles incredible fashion shoots, one day I'm going to blog about some of my fave as they really are works of art; her vision for the catwalk was just as mind-blowing. It's great being able to work with such inspiring colleagues. 
The full catwalk line up was:

Kyles Collection
Frontier Raas
Frontier Bazaar
Khushboos's By Chand
Sona's Couture
Bibi London
Ziggi Studio
Ahsan's
Stuush Studio
RDC London
Monga's
Amir Naveed and Ambreen MakeUp Artiste

When the official photos are up on Asiana.TV I'll share the links. In the meantime here's a peek at what happened in a short video by Implausible Blog. Enjoy!
p.s my GORGEOUS dress is from Jones & Jones my fave dress designers!

No comments:

Post a Comment