Welcome to the Ex-Official Blog of Writer, Presenter & Crafts Expert Momtaz Begum-Hossain which stopped being active on 31st August 2016.

For more regular updates follow Momtaz on Twitter: @TheCraftCafe Instagram: @The_CraftCafe Vine: @TheCraftCafe Periscope: @TheCraftCafe Snapchat: Momtazbh

For workshop bookings, writing commissions, presenting jobs, craft project designs, or any kind of enquiry email contact@momtazbh.co.uk

Momtaz's NEW BLOG is www.craftandtravel.com








Wednesday 10 October 2012

101+ Things To Do With Glitter Book Launch, Blogs & Publicity

My new book 101+ Things To Do With Glitter is published on 23rd October, and was launched in style on September 25th at The Hackney Attic as part of a super sparkling Glitter Festival. Around 100 people got sprinkled in shimmer as they made bow ties crafted hair accessories, tried their hand at scrapbooking and had glitter make overs. There were glittering prizes, an exhibition, special guests, live music and even twinkling drinks. 
I have some amazing photographs of the event taken by SwaniDotCom...but as he took over 300, I'm still sorting through them!! 
I will post a link soon.
In the mean time, here are some blogs of the event and some other glitter publicity worth checking out! 
 Asian City
There's an exclusive extract of the book in the current issue of Asian City newspaper.
View it online. (got to page 25)

Jennifer Grace
Came all the way from Devon to enjoy the night.
Here's her account: JennifersJumbles

Perri Lewis
Got together with one of the speakers Deadlyknitshade and did some scrapbooking.
Here's what she made: Make and Do With Perri.

Kareem Short
Was the first girl to win a raffles prize (6 of the 8 went to boys!)
Here's what she got up to. Tea and Blankets

Victoria Bell aka Plum
Invited me to speak about glitter at The Dalston Darlings WI
She wrote about what happened.
And she interviewed me too.

The Asian World
Interviewed me and called me the Asian Kristy Allsopp, though I expect they meant Kirsty!
Read it online here. (page 19)

Bollyspice
Meera Sharma did a pre-launch article and then came along and interviewed me on the night

I also took some glitter into the BBC Asian Nework Studio and got DJ Nihal to make a glitter keyring for his wife in my own version of Ready Steady Make (based on the TV show Ready Steady Cook where you have 20 minutes to cook something) though this time it was 'make something', live on air, and I also chatted about crafts on Hayes FM.

Still to come an article in Eastern Eye newspaper and the book will also be appearing in Bliss Magazine's Christmas Gift suggestions!

Thank you to everyone who's written about more book or are going to! Please send me a link so I can share it too!



No comments:

Post a Comment