Welcome to the Ex-Official Blog of Writer, Presenter & Crafts Expert Momtaz Begum-Hossain which stopped being active on 31st August 2016.

For more regular updates follow Momtaz on Twitter: @TheCraftCafe Instagram: @The_CraftCafe Vine: @TheCraftCafe Periscope: @TheCraftCafe Snapchat: Momtazbh

For workshop bookings, writing commissions, presenting jobs, craft project designs, or any kind of enquiry email contact@momtazbh.co.uk

Momtaz's NEW BLOG is www.craftandtravel.com








Friday 18 November 2011

Extracts from my diary 1: 26th December 1992 (aged 12)


So I’ve decided to publish extracts from my diaries. I started keeping a dairy at the age of 7 but it became more regular between the ages of 11 to 21 when I wrote most days. Then I took a break and started keeping one again a couple of years ago. When I first began I thought I would die if anyone ever read them and I wasn’t sure if I would ever be ready to share them publicly, but lately I’ve been feeling a bit sad that this person I once was, is now hidden away and forgotten about inside various notebooks. I’m not going to publish them completely, just random passages. I’m also not yet sure if I’ll explain or contextualise them by saying who I’m talking about, I’ll have to see what happens. Not naming any names either. It's not fair on them So for now:

Extract 1: 26th December 1992 (aged 12)

Quarter to 12

I hate the whole world. I hate my life. I hate my school. I hate my family. I hate my teachers. I hate the stupid girls in my class. I hate myself.
3’o’clock pm
Stuff what I said earlier on today…I just attempted to cut my fringe. It turned out such a disaster. It’s all different lengths. So I have to wear a stupid Alice Band in my hair now. G went mad when I told her. She was shouting at me for ages. I just stood there crying. I think that’s about it for now. Bye.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, cuteness overload, i love that pic of you. I kept a diary very briefly in my teen years as well, and i would love to get my hands on it to have a read, what an experience that will be. Looking forward to more retro diary posts xx

    ReplyDelete